Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Takes one to know one?

Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a prominent backer of Hillary Clinton during the primaries, has announced that she is now supporting John McCain. Why?
“This is a hard decision for me personally because frankly I don't like him,” she said of Obama in an interview with CNN’s Joe Johns. “I feel like he is an elitist. I feel like he has not given me reason to trust him.”
Okay. Wait, who is Lynn Forester de Rothschild?
Forester is the CEO of EL Rothschild, a holding company with businesses around the world. She is married to international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild.
I see. But Obama's the elitist. Got it.

(h/t LGM)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maddow went off on the same point. And John McCain is an ordinary working guy. Riiiiight.

Seth Masket said...

Seriously, I hope that Alannis Morrisette gets a substantial royalty check whenever someone named Rothschild accuses someone else of being an elitist.